Salvador Gabarró started the company Gabarró in 1920, in a small shop dedicated to the production of annealed wire.
The first clients were local farmers who used the wire to bale their harvests of cereals and crops. Sales grew quickly within Catalonia and then spread across the whole country, requiring a larger production facility that was then built up in Sant Guim de Freixenet.
Industrialization of the country fostered the company’s expansion and product diversification: in addition to the annealed wire, Gabarró began to manufacture bright wire in order to meet the demand of new industries. In the early 80’s, Gabarró kick-started its international development and began to consolidate its leading edge in European markets from the 90’s onwards.